The NZPPI Board is proposing to establish a new Retail Supply Chain Special Interest Group (SIG) to enable closer collaboration between Retail Plant Producers and Garden Retailers. The purpose of the proposed Retail Supply Chain SIG support is to strengthen the garden retail supply chain, with a focus on the future of the sector.
This proposed SIG would replace the existing Retail SIG to provide leadership and direction to the garden retail sector, strengthening the industry networks, providing a stronger pan sector voice and the ability to pursue strategic initiatives that will benefit everyone in the sector.
Under these proposed changes:
- the existing Retail SIG will operate until 31 March 2021
- a new Retail Supply Chain SIG would be established shortly after this date.
Attached below is a consultation document that outlines the drivers for this proposed change and a description of what the proposed new Retail Supply Chain SIG would do.
We want to hear what you think. We encourage you to read the consultation document (by clicking the link below) and provide your thought on the following:
- Do you support the proposed changes?
- Will the proposed structure work?
- Do you agree with the activities that the new SIG should do?
- Do you have any concerns or suggestions about the proposed changes?
Send your response to: email@example.com, or feel free to call Matt Dolan directly on 027 622 9255.
Other changes that are already underway include:
- The Go Gardening Gift Card and Voucher system will be wound up, with the sale of cards and vouchers ceasing on 31 January 2021.
- NZPPI will redeem valid gift cards and vouchers this point on.