The new Government is now in place. Here are the key Ministerial portfolio’s for our industry.
- Damien O'Connor remains Minister of Agriculture, Biosecurity and Rural Communities and has picked up Trade and Export Growth and Land Information.
- Stuart Nash picks up Regional Development, Forestry and retains Small Business.
- Kiri Allan has picked up Conservation and is an Associate Minister for the Environment.
- David Parker retained his role as Minister for the Environment.
- James Shaw picks up Climate Change & an Associate Minister for the Environment role for Biodiversity.
NZPPI will be in contact with the key Ministers to congratulate them on their appointments, reminding them of the importance of our industry to the Governments objectives and NZ’s success and to inform them about the issues that are affecting us.