Apply for the Food and Fibre Youth Council – registration closes on the 9th of April.
Late last year the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) contracted New Zealand Young Farmers (NZYF) to establish and implement a food and fibre youth network (and council) to provide a formalised pan-sector voice to raise industry issues and provide input into critical decisions related to the future of the sector.
This group will be formally established this month and applications to register interest for the food and fibre council are open and close at 5:00pm Friday 9th April.
The role of the Council is:
- To explore and prioritise issues to be considered by the Network and how that may be conducted.
- To actively promote the recommendations and views of the Network, and to ensure that outcomes from the Network activity are followed through to their logical conclusions.
- To communicate with the Network to ensure that they are fully engaged and informed.
- To provide advice to Ministers, MPI and other stakeholders on issues relating to young people in the food and fibre sector.
- To liaise with MPI, NZYF and other key stakeholders, as necessary, to ensure that the Network is well utilised, independent, and well respected.
- To connect to Sector Action Plans and any other initiatives that are current in the industry.
- To act as young ambassadors for the sector and support and promote the attraction and retention of young people.
Let your voice be heard and represent the plant production industry on the council! Click here to learn more and apply.