New Zealand Plant Producers Incorporated is very pleased to award Peter Fraser Honorary Life Membership of the Society.
This award recognises your outstanding service and contribution to the plant nursery industry over many years.
In granting this Award the NZ Plant Producers Board recognises your success and effectiveness in governance roles on the industry board, especially your leadership through changes in the industry and industry body.
In particular, you served as:
- President of the Nursery and Garden Industry Association from 2007 until 2010.
- A board member the Nursery and Garden Industry Association from 2005 until 2010.
- A member of the NZ Nurserymans’ Association Executive Committee on two separate occasions.
- Several years as Chair of the NZ Nurserymans’ Association Retailers Group.
- A period as Chair of the NZ Nurserymans’ Association Waikato District Council.
- And made entrepreneurial contributions to industry through 47 years in landscaping, garden retail (the progressive Frasers Garden Centre), and nursery production (the prestigious Growing Spectrum).
This award also recognises your integrity and professionalism. Your actions are examples to others and have been influential in enhancing the nursery industry’s reputation.
We congratulate you on this achievement and thank you for your untiring work and support for our industry.
This award was proposed by Malcolm Woolmore and seconded by Peter Tayler.
Honorary Life Membership is the highest award granted by New Zealand Plant Producers Incorporated. Only nine people have been awarded Honorary Life Membership before Peter.
Honorary Life Membership confers to the awardee all the rights and privileges of Producer Membership of NZ Plant Producers.
New Zealand Plant Producers is the industry body for plant nurseries and related businesses. Our members produce the plants growing the food that Kiwis eat and export, regenerating New Zealand's forests, beautifying our urban landscapes and being planted by millions of Kiwis in their backyards.
Our vision is a vibrant plant production industry widely respected for its professionalism, innovation, and major contribution to New Zealand.