COVID-19 - Wage Subsidies
Changes were made to COVID-19 Wage Subsidies on Friday 27 March.
You can see the latest information here.
You can apply for the Wage Subsidy here.
Business with 100 or more employees can complete a consolidated application here.
The Wage Subsidy is only available to businesses keeping staff on the books during and after the lockdown. It must be paid to the staff – government agencies including Inland Revenue are tracing the payments.
If you're an employer, contractor, sole trader or self-employed, you may qualify to get the COVID-19 wage subsidy.
- your business is registered and operating in New Zealand
- your employees are legally working in New Zealand
- the business has experienced a minimum 30% decline in actual or predicted revenue over the period of a month, when compared with the same month last year, and that decline is related to COVID-19
- your business has taken active steps to mitigate the impact of COVID-19
- you have made best efforts to retain employees and pay them a minimum of 80% of their normal income for the subsidised period.
The COVID-19 Wage Subsidy will be paid at a flat rate of:
- $585.80 for people working 20 hours or more per week
- $350.00 for people working less than 20 hours per week.
- The subsidy is paid as a lump sum and covers 12 weeks per employee.
Note that the Leave Subsidy is no longer available. The previous $150,000 cap on Wage Subsidies no longer applies – there is no cap on the subsidy that can be paid to a single business.
The page replaces an earlier page and reflects updates made on 27 March.
Any questions or problems?
Call us here at NZ Plant Producers – Matthew Dolan firstname.lastname@example.org, 0276 229 255.
We are here to help you get through.